3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

I've just installed this webcam under Win XP (SP2) but none of the video functions seem to work (although I could see my ugly mug on screen during the live setup sequence). Whenever I try a video function (such as Quick Capture) I get the message "HvideoS COM server has encountered a problem and needs to close". Logitech Tech Support gave me a patch (xp_sp1patch_enu), which first refused to install (saying there was insufficient disk space - which was not true - 15.9 GB remain free). On a second attempt the patch did install, but I still get the same message I got to start with about HvideoS COM server encountering a problem, and the video functions still do not work. Can anyone help/

Many thanks
    Nick

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Logitech QuickCam Pro 5000

Your camera obviously works. Thus I'd say it's not a hardware but a software problem.

I don't know what your needs are, but I ditched the software that came with my webcam and use Webcam32 exclusively. There are a lot of other alternatives, also. Unless you're bound and determined to make the Logitech software work, look at some of those.
    -Mark