Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

WMP & Firefox 1.5 (FF 1.5)

As you may know from other threads, I'm running a new computer and have Firefox 1.5.0.1 installed and can't figure out how to get WMP added to the installed plugins. If I try to visit a link that uses WMP for audio/video feed, I get told I need the plugin. But if I download from wherever it takes me, I get an "older" version of WMP which will not install. My Windows XP Media Center Edition installed copy of WMP says it's version 10.00.00.3990. How in thunder do I get FF to add a plugin for WMP?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WMP & Firefox 1.5 (FF 1.5)

Sounds to me like the FF plug-in for WMP 10 hasn't been released yet.
    Gre

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Al

A couple of guides on this, the first should cover everything to get the WMP 10 plugin working.
    Step-By-Step Guide: Embedded Windows Media in Firefox - MozillaZine Forums
    Windows Media Player - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

To assist in testing the WMP plugin, a little bit of Pink Floyd Live

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

This really makes me laugh, Tony. A little while ago, I was searching the Lounge looking for that step-by-step guide, for I was positive you had given it to me a long time ago. In the middle of my searching, the Lounge seemed to go down. So, I did an aboutlugins in FF and followed the two links at the top of that page, eventually finding the link you just provided AGAIN. Thanks and another tip of my hat - goodonya!

Now, with a brand new installation such as mine, I have no idea why the three DLLs for WMP plugin were MISSING on my machine, both in the Program Files WMP folder and the FF plugins folder. I downloaded a copy of all three and placed them in both folders as instructed in that guide. WMP now shows in my list of aboutlugins.

THANKS again! (The Pink Floyd test works)