Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Open and Repair - removes my autonumbers (Word 2002 /XP SP3)

Hello

On a Word document when I run an Open and Repair, the result is it cleans up the document, however it removes all my Heading 1 auto-numbering. Has anyone experienced this? How do I resolve. This is a large document of 300 pages with lots of heading style formatting applied?

Is there a way I can clean the document and still retain my heading numbering?

many thanks
    diana

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open and Repair - removes my autonumbers (Word 2002 /XP SP3)

Do you really need Open and Repair? As we've recently discussed, Open and Repair is not 100% dependable.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Open and Repair - removes my autonumbers (Word 2002 /XP SP3)

Hi Hans

Yes I remember our Open and Repair discussion.

For this instance I have 2 large documents that require to be compared using the software Workshare Deltaview. Occasionally what occurs is when the Workshare Deltaview comparison is performed, the new document displays all the text as in insertionss. When this occurs it usually means the documents are "corrupt". I then perform an Open and Repair on both documents. Then when I perform a Workshare Deltaview comparison, the result is the compare is accurate.

However I noticed with these 2 documents, (very large docs each 300pages) the Open and Repair causese my Heading 1 automatic numbering to be removed [img]/forums/images/smilies/ohmy.gif[/img]).

I might see if saving the docs as .RTF will work. Ill try and apply some other different fixes

diana