New Lounger
    Thanks

e-mail pictures (windows xp)

I would like to send pictures via outlook express. When I try to resize pictures, I get a window (Microsoft exchange setup wizard), when I hit Next, the reply is (profile not found. Then I switch to manual, the response is (.dll file damaged or could not be found) Would appreciate any help

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: e-mail pictures (windows xp)

Hello and welcome to The Lounge! I'm afraid I don't use Outlook Express so I'm not sure I understand what you did to "try to resize pictures." You might want to take a look at one of the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP called Image Resizer. You can find it, and the other "toys" here: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP. Whichever pictures you're trying to email, please make a duplicate copy in a temporary directory, as I believe the Image Resizer will change whatever file you give it and it doesn't make a dupe for you.

If you still need more help with OE please come back and let us know.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Big Al, that helps me to resize pictures for e-mail

Super Moderator
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by DaveA on 29-Mar-06 08:38. Edited to add attachment)</P>With the MS Image Resizer, a NEW copy will be made UNLESS one has gone in the "Advance" area and added a check mark to the "Resize original picture (don't create copies)".

The default copies will be the same name but will have a (Small), (Medium), (Large) or (WinCE) added to the name.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.