Lounger
    Thanks

Addressing options (move contacts to address book) (Outlook 2000)

Successfully imported new company e-mail address book into everyone's contacts but come to find that we have several different versions of Outlook here. When people open a blank message and click "To" to choose a mail recipient, how do I get all these updated contacts to appear in the address book, please, in this 2000 version? Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Addressing options (move contacts to address b

The user's Personal Address Book, separate from the Contacts folder? I don't think there is a very good programmatic interface to the PAB. Microsoft long ago encouraged everyone to import their PAB to the Contacts folder and then stop using the PAB. (I ignored that suggestion, and the threat that soon PABs would no longer be supported.)

Actually, maybe you mean a new shared folder? Sorry, I've lost the thread. What is it you want to appear that isn't appearing in the drop-list of available address books?

Lounger
    Thanks

Hi/thanks! The new contacts that I imported are not showing up as the first choice when we click on "To" in the e-mail message to pick a name. We have to select the Contacts folder. Before, the old e-mail addresses were right in the main address book, which is where we would like the new ones to be? (Hope that is clearer now!)

Thanks

Actually, I'm still a bit confused. Your users have one Contacts folder, but that is not the place that the addresses used to be? Instead they were in a different address book??

<post#=334705>post 334705</post#> describes the steps to make the Contacts folder the default address book in the Address Book dialog. If you follow those steps, do you get the result you want?

Thanks

I think I know what she is talking about. When I was using Outlook 2000, whenever I added a new contact, it would not automatically put that contact into the address book. is that what you are saying? If it is, I had the same problem with 2000. I don;t remember exactly what I did, but it seems to me that I ended up uploading the contacts twice a week into the address book. it was a real pain, but I didnt see anyother way to do it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)