3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Jpg Images (2000)

I created a database for our storytelling festival (www.stmarysstorytelling.org). I want to include a photo of our tellers. When I created the database, I created a field as an OLE object. When I insert the photo, all I get is a placeholder. I have set the display type property to "Content." Why doesn't it show my jpeg or gif images?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Jpg Images (2000)

Storing pictures in an Access table is not a good idea - it causes tremendous bloat. Access stores an uncompressed bitmap image alongside every jpg, so a single 640 by 480 pixel colour image will take up a megabyte or more. The preferred approach is to store the path / filename of pictures in the table, and to use code to display the pictures on a form or report. The database attached to <post#=296892>post 296892</post#> demonstrates how to do this.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Looked at the database. Being the beginner that I am, I wasn't quite sure what to do. I went to the properties of the OLE object and linked it to the photo. Same result. I just got the icon.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm confused. There is no OLE object in the database I referred to. What is the name of the control or field?

BTW, the idea is to open the form (in form view) and to click the button labeled "Insert Picture...".