New Lounger
    Thanks

WORD '03 and Win Zip PLUS (WinZip 8.1)

Someone came and asked me to send him a large WORD '03 document (321 pages) as an email attachment.
    I needed to zip it first, and inadvertantly selected the Win Zip PLUS email option. Next thing I know, the document is printing at the printer! This someone announced I'd sent it to the printer, but, I do not agree.
    Does anyone know if the Win ZIp PLUS email option also prints the document!!
    Thanks!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: WORD '03 and Win Zip PLUS (WinZip 8.1)

I have WinZip, but I don't know what WinZip Plus is. Can you explain?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Here is the WinZip feature I inadvertently invoked that a guy on my hall accused me of causing a 321 page document to print:

The Zip and E-Mail Plus dialog allows you to specify the filename to be used for a Zip file that WinZip creates and attaches to the new e-mail message. It also allows you to specify a password if desired.
    To use Zip and E-Mail Plus, simply select files or folders in a My Computer or Windows Explorer window, right click on any selected item, and choose Zip and E-Mail Plus from the WinZip Explorer context menu. When the dialog appears:

1. Choose the name to be used for the Zip file. You can accept the suggested name, or you can specify a name of your own by clicking Use this name and typing in the desired name. Don't specify a folder name, because the Zip file is temporary and will be created in a temporary folder.
    2. Check the Password protect Zip file checkbox if you want to add password protection to the Zip file.
    3. Click OK.

If you've chosen to password protect the Zip file, a second dialog will appear that allows you to specify the password. Then WinZip compresses the selected items into a temporary Zip file, creates a new e-mail message, and attaches the temporary Zip file to the message. You can address the message, add any desired text, and send it as you normally would. WinZip automatically deletes the temporary Zip file when it is no longer needed.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK, thanks, now I understand what you meant. That has absolutely nothing to do with printing. I don't see how using this feature could cause a document to be printed. I guess that someone printed the document at the same time that you selected WinZip | Zip and E-Mail Plus...