Star Lounger
    Thanks

Startup add-in not loaded for doc from sharepoint (XP)

Hello

I have a strange behavior when opening a document which is stored on sharepoint portal server: If Word is not already running, Word is started, but add-ins in the startup paths (neither user nor application startup path) are not loaded.
    I would appreciate any hints, where to look for a solution of this problem.

Thanks,
    hedgehog

Thanks

Re: Startup add-in not loaded for doc from sharepo

Some of the earliest posts about Sharepoint on this board and the VB/VBA board were about this kind of problem. You are launching a Word document from a web page, and Word applies a different security model than when you launch it through Windows Explorer targeting the identical document using a drive letter or UNC path. If you don't get responses from other Sharepoint users, or if you have a few moments, try searching for Sharepoint threads here to see whether the problem has been solved before.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Startup add-in not loaded for doc from sharepo

Thanks for the fast reply. That's of course exactly what I did before posting - searching the lounge for other people reporting a similar issue. Unfortunately I found no solution.

But your hint about "security models" brought me a step forward. Probably the culprit is not Sharepoint but IE. Does anybody know, if it's possible to change the internet security settings to solve this issue? (I tried to add the site to trusted sites - unfortunately without results.)