Lounger
    Thanks

Report not showing all records from query (Access

Hello, I have a report that draws from a query. However, the report is not showing all the records listed in the query. If there are records that have the same last name the report is skipping one of the records. What am I missing in the report properties so this will not happen. Thanks, Joe

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report not showing all records from query (Access

Is the report grouped on the last name field? If so, the report may display the last name only in the group header, making it seem as if records are skipped.

Otherwise, has the Hide Duplicates property of the text box bound to the last name field been set to Yes? This would suppress the display of duplicate values.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report not showing all records from query (Acc

Yes, the report is grouped by last name. The records show registrants for a dinner and their guest(s). So, one registrant can have more than one guest.

The Hide Duplicates is set to No.

I really want to have these grouped by the registrant and show each guest for that registrant. So, I am not quite there yet.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for sticking with me on this. I have stripped down the DB, including just those records that are not showing. Again thanks, Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Your report is grouped by last name, yet you have different registrants with the same last name. Change the grouping to use the Key field UIRegistant., and irt seems to me to do the right thing. Also put back Last name as a sort field, but not a grouping field.
    Regards
    John

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks a lot for your response and that does make it so all records show. But it does lead to another issue, I need to have the report ordered by the last name of the registrant.

So, I want all the records to show and I want them in alphabetical order. There must be a way to do this.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In the third row of the Sorting and Grouping window, enter txtRegistrantLastName.
    Then click on the selector on to the left of the field name, and drag this row up to the top.
    As a result, the report will be sorted on the last name, but grouped on the ID.

You may also want to sort on first name after last name. See attached version.