3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

start-all programs (xp pro)

when i go to start/all programs, it doesn't show all the programs because there isn't enough room. they are sorted alphabetically, so any program starting with the letter "S" or after, doesn't show up. Is there a way to either remove some of these from the list, expand the way i am able to view it, or have it sort in reverse alphabetically order.
    thanks,

Thanks

Re: start-all programs (xp pro)

Rick.
    The easy thing is to delete any item on the start menu. Just right click the item and click on delete. It's gone.

To arrange the start menu with multiple rows of entries, Click on Control Panel>Taskbar and start menu icon.
    Click on the start menu tab and Uncheck "classic view" and check "start menu". OK out and you should have a few rows of choices now instead of the truncated view.

Reverse alphabetical order? Not sure of that one.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I already had the settings the way you suggested I change them. I was not using classic view. any other ideas? I could delete the programs from the list I don't use, as you suggested, but I'm courious why there can't be a way to force windows to show them all. Or at least rearrange them.

thanks,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you use the Classic Start Menu, go in to Customize and UNCHECK the box that says "Use Personalized Menus" you should get a Start Menu of MULTI COLUMNS that lists everything. You can still use the sort feature to sort alphabetically but please note that it will first sort "folderized" menu items and then alphabetically list all the menu items that directly lead to programs.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

You can use Windows Explorer and go to Documents and settingsAll Usersstart menu and Documents and SettingsYourUsernameStart Menu. Create new folders to group programs any way you care to. Then move the existing folders to your new group folders.

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Mine comes up in 3 columns.
    Do you have a check mark in the "Scroll Programs" of the "Advance" tab of properties of the Start button?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks, that setting it at least allows me to see all the programs, however I had the program list spread out in three collumns, now its one really long one that I can scroll. I wish there was a way to have three collumn plus the scroll....any ideas.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It's either one or the other, not both: you can have one long list with scroll arrows at the bottom and/or top, or multiple columns. (I don't see how they could be combined, by the way)