4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Merge Help (2000)

Looking for some assistance on this issue.

We have a merge instruction based on the current line in a record, which populates a word document. The tbl consists of:

OfferamountID
    Status
    AmountOffered
    etc

At present the word merge populates the letter confirming the offer amount, however if a person offers on a property 6 times in a day I don't want to do six individual letters I want to do one letter but in the offer section fo the word document it would read
    Best Regards,

Luke

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Merge Help (2000)

This is quite complicated. See Group multiple items for a single condition.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

So a quick get around I could do is:

Have another field called offermergedetails which would have a source of the following:

Looking at all the records in TblOfferAmount that have the parent PropertyID and parent PurchID in its link field of PropertyId and PurchID that do not have a tick in the LetterSent field. The format of this field would then be

OfferAmountField Based on a numword function in the database of the offeramount field Only puts in if the find is greater or equal to 2 or more
    Best Regards,

Luke

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Think the previous post sound confusing: (reason for lac of response I guess)

What I need to be able to do is to look at tblOfferAmount and find all the records that equal the parents propertyid and parents purchid and that do not have a tick in the lettersent toggle field.

so the code would display the following in a memo field
    Best Regards,

Luke

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Unless you are printing numerous letters at the end of a week, month or whatever, a Word merge is probably not the best way to do this. Automation is the better approach, as it lets you step through a record set and plug values into a table. You might find our Automation Tutorial useful for getting started with it - the article that Hans pointed you to also suggests that approach as one alternative. You might also consider using an Access report instead of a merge if you don't need any fancy formatting that requires Word.
    Wendell