5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Creating new record in subform in code (Access 2K, Win 2KPro, SQL Server 2

I have a form (M) with a subform (A), and on this subform is another subform ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]. On the (A) subform, I have a button that adds a new record to the subform, and I want to also have the vb code go to the ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] subform and have that move to a new record as well. Since the button is on subform (A), I can use DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec to create a new record there, but I'm having trouble getting this to work on the ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] subform. I can SetFocus easily enough but from there... weirdness.

With the subform ([img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] selected, I put this in: DoCmd.GoToRecord , acActiveDataObject, acNewRec and get this response:

The object '-1' isn't open [OK]

previous attempts to use bang notation to find the subform subform for this requirement have met with no success. I can reference a control on subform (A) in the default on the properties sheet but it doesn't seem to work in code.

??

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Creating new record in subform in code (Access 2K, Win 2KPro, SQL Serv

If B is linked to A through its Link Master Fields and Link Child Fields properties, it should automatically display a new record if you move to a new record in A.
    If B is not linked to A, you could use this:

Me.[BName].SetFocus
    RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew

where BName should be the name of B as a control on A. This is not necessarily the same as its name in the database window.