Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Report Ans's vary between machines (2002)

Hi,

I have a billing database that has linked tables that reside on a server. All workstations (6) have the same OS and version of Office (XP for both). The database has been running since June with no problems until last week when they called to state that there was a mistake on a report on 2 machines. Thinking that for whatever reason the machines might have different version of the database, I re-installed the database to both machines. When I ran the report every line item was correct with the exception of the total at the end which was grossly off. I reinstalled the database again, same issue. After re-installing the database on all 6 computers and opening the report, 4 of the six were correct and 2 were wrong. The two that were wrong had identical results, although wrong data. I was stumped to say the least so I then ran the database directly from the server on all 6 computers and the result still was that 4 were correct and 2 had identical wrong data. I contacted their IT engineer who was stumed but who then ran a variety of microsoft updates and that seemed to correct it, although neigther of us is sure why. Now today they have contacted me to say that one of the two machines that were causing issues last week is doing the same thing.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to it.

Virus scanning has not shown anything.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Ans's vary between machines (2002)

Do the problem machines have different system settings, e.g. a different default date format (DMY vs MDY) or something like that?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Report Ans's vary between machines (2002)

Hi Hans

I sent this on to their IT engineer to check out for me.

Thanks,
    Leesha