3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Missing 'Favorites' folder from Word (Word 2003 SP1)

I have a user who is missing her "Favorites" folder in Word. She states that when she goes to File | Open, that usually a Favorites folder is listed on the left hand side of the Open window, and she can click on that and it will display items that she has added to her Favorites. Apparently these are documents and other items she's added to favorites, and not your standard Internet Explorer Favorites. I checked my own setup in Word 2003. When I go to File | Open, I do NOT have a Favorites folder listed on the left side, just your standard "Recent Documents", "My Computer","My Documents" options. However, if I click the down arrow beside the Look In: field, I DO see a Favorites folder, in addition to the standard drive listings, and My Documents, Desktop, etc. Anyone know how to get that folder to show up in the place she's used to?

Sat.

p.s. she says that in IE, when she opens the Favorites on the left hand side of the screen, she also see these "favorites" documents, etc., that she's put there in addition to URLs. I've apparently never set something like that up on my PC cause I'm not familiar with that either.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing 'Favorites' folder from Word (Word 2003 SP1)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing 'Favorites' folder from Word (Word 2003 SP1)

As usual, thank you Hans. Didn't realize that was called "My Places" else my Google search for technical info might have been more successful.