New Lounger
    Thanks

Year-to-date (Excell 2000 SR-1)

How do I set up an automatic year-to-date column? What we called a generation data group (GDG) back when I was a COBOL programmer using JCL.

What I'm after is a way to have the totals from last week show up in a column next to this week's results so I can keep a running total.

Thanks,
    Pete

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Year-to-date (Excell 2000 SR-1)

Can you give us a better description of what your data looks like, and exactly what you are trying to accomplish? Maybe show us an example?
    Legare Coleman

New Lounger
    Thanks

I'm the bookkeeper for an NFL football pool. Every week each contestant gives me his/her picks for all the games of the coming week. On Tuesday I score the pool; each player gets a number of points between -20 and 20. So that's this weeks score.

The winner is decided at the end of the regular season, however, so I need a running total. I want to automate the process of adding this week's score to the total as of last week. Since the weeks change, I can't just get sheet 8, for instance. If this Tuesday I want the totals from the 8th week, next week I'll want the 9th week.

Pete

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Attached is a very simple approach. It helps to post a sample workbook so any proposed solution fits your layout. If each player is on a separate sheet, you could either bring the results to an intermediate summary like the attached, or do the index function on each separate sheet and bring the final results to a summary page.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Assuming you are talking the US NFL 2001 regular season, you can automate the week number in my wimpy effort with the formula =ROUNDDOWN((NOW()-DATEVALUE("09/09/2001"))/7+1,0). Don't get behind in your recordkeeping though!

Also, as I re-read your question, <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=xl&Number=38848>this</A> thread may be of conceptual use, just convert the months to season weeks.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS