New Lounger
    Thanks

OL98 Can't add New Group or Contact (Outlook 98 Internet Mail Only)

From the Address Book, I can't create a new group or contact for that matter. I discovered this after going through and trying to make a group out of everyone I communicate with. Only when I pressed OK, it wasn't. The new group wasn't there. I tried a test group with only one member in it. Again, not in the list. I then tried creating a new contact. Wouldn't do that either. What's going on? I used to be able to create groups just fine.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OL98 Can't add New Group or Contact THE ANSWER

If anyone is interested (apparently not) I found the answer myself. It was in ZDNet's Help section authored by Barry Simon, no less. It was entitled "Create a Fresh, Clean Microsoft Outlook File" from Woody's Office for Mere Mortals. It was what needed to be done and it worked. Thanks, Barry!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: OL98 Can't add New Group or Contact THE ANSWER

if that is the article on creating a new pst every 6 months, if you haven't destroyed the old pst, i'd try one of the command line switches instead.

the switches are listed in help under "control how outlook starts" or something close and also in the knowledge base. /cleanviews is a switch of last resort, if you use custom views. it will wipe every one out.