Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Google Toolbar v2 beta beta

New from those wonderful Googley folks, the beta version (2) of Google Toolbar for Firefox, which changes your toolbar from the 20051122 version to 20060404. I haven't noticed any significant differences... It doesn't get found by the Tools -> Extension -> Find updates button.

John

PS Note in the small print on the web page (near bottom right) that there is also a new version of the Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer.
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Google Toolbar v2 beta beta

I've seen 4 seperate reports concerning the lastest Google toolbar at the Mozillazine forums and in other newsgroups. It appears to cause CPU usage to jump to 90% + quite frequently and increases memory usage dramatically. Are you experiencing any problems?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Tony

Not at this time. I have had it on an XP Pro box for a day and on an XP Home box for a few hours. I will watch out for the symptoms you indicate - thanks!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Tony

The only thing I've noticed is a significant slowdown on starting up Firefox. I will see whether it goes away after installing 1.5.0.2 in a minute...

John

Ita, esto, quidcumque...