2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2002

I eventually found, I think, a work around. I found text selection worked normally under the "Manual" style sheet so applied that to Normal.dot. Seems a complicated way around the problem though. I tried phoning microsoft and without getting into the $35 touch he hurriedly told me that you could fix it under Toolbars/Formatting/Selection options but that option doesn't seem to be available in XP! Was there somthing available under older versions? I can't recall.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2002 Formatting

I have a formatting problem. Whenever I highlight a selection and then apply formatting to the selection eg Bold, Font, Font Size, Alignment etc the whole document is formatted with that selection and then when I hit the undo button it reverts to the correct position with only the selection formatted. Weird! Does it happen with anybody else? I have tried to contact Microsoft online about this but as far as I can see they don't support XP and I cant find any page to report it as a bug. Any ideas on that score?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Word 2002

The style on the text that you selected was (most likely) set to 'automatically update'. This has a long history of catching people unawares and a quick search here on that term will give you further guidance.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia