Lounger
    Thanks

SaveAs and Document Properties (2003)

Hi, All.

My boss wants something that may be impossible. She wants the Document Properties dialog to present every time she uses SaveAs. Right now the 'Prompt for document properties' setting is selected, but that only works the first time a new document is save. If you open up a document and want to use it as boilerplate for several document variations Document Properties does not come up even when SaveAs is used.

Is there a way to trap or modify the SaveAs behavior? Add a macro? Incantations? Pentagrams? I'll try anything.

Thanks,

Dan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SaveAs and Document Properties (2003)

You can create the macro shown below. If you put it in a module in a document, it will run whenever the user selects File | Save As... in that specific document.
    If you put it in a module in Normal.dot, it will run whenever the user selects File | Save As... in a document based on Normal.dot (i.e. a standard document).
    If you put it in a module in another template, it will run whenever the user selects File | Save As... in a document based on that template.

Sub FileSaveAs()
    CommandBars.FindControl(ID:=750).Execute
    Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show
    End Sub

This macro replaces the built-in File | Save As command; it displays the Properties dialog first, and then the Save As dialog.