2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

copyright (FrontPage 2000)

Excuse my ignorance but do published web pages on the internet have the protection of copyright or can anyone just download a page into FrontPage, modify (plagiarise?) it, and then publish it on their own web site?

Thanks

Re: copyright (FrontPage 2000)

A fairly concise wealth of information here at the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.benedict.com/>Copyright Website</A>

My personal view is that unless someone explicity states that material is copyrighted, they are voluntarily putting it into the public domain.

Copyrighting will not prevent anyone from copying, it may just make it illegal.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copyright (FrontPage 2000)

Actually there is an implicit copyright in anything you write. However, it would nearly impossible for you to enforce in court unless you formally file for a copyright. This is not that expensive a process. You can do it on your own. As a small publisher, I never put anything that I want to sell in electronic form. It just makes illegal copying too easy and attractive. I do however many free items on my website in .pdf format or directly on line. Although I wish to maintain copyright of these items they are free for use to everyone.