3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bumping Attendees (Outlook 2K)

When I make appointments, I usually send an invitation to our staff, asking for a volunteer. Sometimes two or more accept the invitation and, when this happens, it creates some problems. Most of the time staff doesn't bother to check if someone has already accepted. Is there a way to configure this so that those accepting after the first are so notified. As always, any assistance is appreciated. Thanks!

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bumping Attendees (Outlook 2K)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by JohnBF on 13-Apr-06 07:43. Many typos.)</P>Manually, once you get the first acceptance, you can remove the other Invitees, and then send an Update to the Meeting Invitation, only to the Invitees who are being removed and who will get the notice - Outlook asks you if you want to send the message only to those Invitees who are being removed, and when you do it appears as a Cancellation to them - and then you'll have a Meeting left with just the first Invitee.

It's possible you could automate this with VBA, but from what I know it would be tricky. You'd have to have a way of identifying which meetings the code would run against, there doesn't seem to be a meeting acceptance event so you would have to determine that there is a meeting acceptance from the incoming messages form type and match them to existing calendar Items, and you'd have to loop through all the Invitees who have not responded and remove them. (There may be a simpler way I'm overlooking, but it doesn't come to me.)

The VBA part is not an elephant that I have time to eat, perhaps another Lounger can help. You should also search through http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm and other online resources to see if you find anything.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS