Lounger
    Thanks

Highlighting with mouse (Word 2000 9.0.2720)

Hi.

Something that has bugged me for a long time:

When highlighting/selecting with the mouse (click and drag the cursorl), when the cursor reaches the bottom of the page, instead of the selection or highlighting process continuing down the next page, it flips all the way to the bottom of the document.

This only happens with the mouse; if I select/highlight with Shift & toggle, it's just a progressive action, line by line.

Is this a quirk of Word, or am I missing some trick?

Regards

kbr

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlighting with mouse (Word 2000 9.0.2720)

Selecting more than one page by dragging was problematic in older versions of Word - when the selection was longer than one screen, it became virtually impossible to control the mouse. This has been fixed in Word 2002 and later. Alternatives are click at the beginning, Shift+click at the end, or one of the many methods of selecting text using the keyboard.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlighting with mouse (Word 2000 9.0.2720)

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. You have confirmes what I had come to suspect, having pretty well given up trying to make it behave differently. I have Office 2003, but I installed 2000 in the new machine for familiarity's sake. Hmmm... Now I'll consider updating.

Cheers

kbr