New Lounger
    Thanks

Bulleted text alignment (Ppt 2002)

Bulleted text wraps so that the second line of text aligns under the bullet. Is there any way of having the second line of text automatically align with the first line of text.

Thanks

Re: Bulleted text alignment (Ppt 2002)

Usually the second line of text does align with the text above it, at least in the placeholders that PowerPoint provides. To see what I mean, create a new presentation, add a second slide, and add some long text to each bullet. (To avoid contamination, do not paste from another source.) You should get a "hanging indent" of the type you are describing.

Other text boxes do not seem to do this by default. Unfortunately, I can't find a simple way to emulate this behavior in the type of text boxes inserted from the Drawing toolbar.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your response. I've looked for some time but can't find a way of having the alignment that way in other text boxes by default. While we're chatting, whenever I open an older presentation in Ppt 2002 the bullets take any icon they like - letters, mailboxes, etc. Is there any way you know of changing all the bullets en masse to a default bullet icon??? I've tried using the Master Slide with no success.

Thanks

> whenever I open an older presentation in Ppt 2002 the bullets take any icon they like - letters, mailboxes, etc.

I tend to be very particular about my layouts, so I would generally re-create the presentation by hand. This isn't very effective on a deadline, of course, but...

> Is there any way you know of changing all the bullets en masse to a default bullet icon??? I've tried using
    > the Master Slide with no success.

There should be a way of forcing the slide text/bullets to match the master. It's so easy in Word, but unfortunately I don't have time to dig in PPT for it right now.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you display the ruler and click inside a text box / placeholder, you can see the position of the bullets and the indents for each level. If you set these in the slide master, it should be applied to all slides. See the screenshot below.