2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange thing - email blank until fw: or re: (Outlook 2003 SP-1 (11.6359-6360))

It's the strangest thing. My co-worker has a problem with his email in that any email he sends to anybody arrives to the recipient apparently blank and empty except for the anti-virus string that goes out in all emails after having been checked (Nod32). When i receive the email, it appears empty, but when I first replied to him ... the text of his original email appeared in the body below. I have tried to reset the current view, I checked the color settings in organize (but again, the email appears empty as opposed to a white font - I checked that too!).

Any ideas on what else to check?

Thanks in advance,

--Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange thing - email blank until fw: or re: (Outlook 2003 SP-1 (11.63

Has your co-worker tried sending e-mails in different formats (plain text, HTML, rich text)? Do they all arrive blank?

Has he tried Help | Detect and Repair...?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The emails are sent in HTML. I will have him try plain text and see what happens. No, haven't tried detect and repair ... will try that too ... will post what I discover.

Thanks,

--Jim

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Still not sure what caused it, but I went in and reset the default font in MS Word. For some reason when writing an email, the hidden attribute in the font format was always coming up checked. Not sure if there is spyware or malware that did it, or just the user dubbing around one day ... but anyway it's all set for the moment.

Thanks for your help.

--Jim