Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Copy Server Table (A2k)

I need to copy a table from a server to a local database.
    Easy enough you would have thought, but Source and dest tables have the same name.
    A make table query will delete the local table first, and a linked table is just too slow in my application.

Idea's would be very helpful.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Server Table (A2k)

You need to fill in a few details. When you say server, do you mean an Access backend located on a server? You can specify the name of the table to be created in the Make Table query, so I don't quite understand what you mean by the source and dest tables having the same name. Do you mean you need to replace an existing table or that you don't want to do so by accident? If you do an import from the server database, it will automagically add an incremental number to the name of the table when another of the original name already exists, unless of course the server database is a front end rather than a backend, in which case you would import the link.
    Charlotte

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Copy Server Table (A2k)

Thankyou Charlotte, your suggestions are appreciated.
    The problem I was having was the local table was a link to the server table.
    I've solved it by making another table via a query and all is now fine.Thanks again.