Thanks

Access & Peachtree (2003)

I have a highly developed Access system for keeping track of people in an organization that I run. We use Peachtree Premium 2004 (a very powerful system, BTW) to do our accounting. I'm told that Peachtree files are in BTRIEVE format, but I don't know much more about it than that.

Right now, when a member makes a contribution to our organization, I post it to Peachtree, then (if I remember to do it) I add it to Access. (It's nice to look at a guy's Access record and see his history of contributions. It's NOT fun to keep the Access and Peachtree files in sync.) I'd like to somehow automate the process of moving the data from Peachtree into Access. Ideally it would be done in real time, but some sort of batch update would be perfectly acceptable.

Any ideas on this?
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access & Peachtree (2003)

Although I haven't dealt with their software for years, Peachtree used to have an option for sharing data with Access by exporting it to a compatible format. You might look into that.
    Charlotte

Thanks

Re: Access & Peachtree (2003)

Sheesh! It's there, right under my nose! Sometimes Gurus only have to point out the obvious, I guess.

I haven't looked into the details, but Peachtree's "Export" feature seems to let you make .CSV files in whatever format you want. Maybe there are some other formats available -- I'll have to look. Though I haven't worked much with importing Excel files into Access, I don't imagine it will be all that difficult. I just have a table with four fields: CustomerID, Date, ContributionType, and Amount. I can just update that table once a month when I make my month-end reports with Peachtree.

Thanks for your help.
    Lou Sander
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    USA