2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scenarios (Excel 2000)

While trying out the Scenario function it is observed that the input which is to be changed to check the final result has to be on the same sheet as the final result. Likewise if two variables are to be changed to check the final result then both the variables have to be on the same worksheet. However, I am using a big workbook where the inputs are on one work sheet with final calculations and the final result in another worksheet. It is not possible to have all the info in one sheet as it becomes unmanageable. Therefore, can the excel gurus show me how to tweak the scenarios function ( or the two variable function) in order I can use same while having the final results and the inputs ( variables) on different worksheet within the same workbook.

Thanks

Re: Scenarios (Excel 2000)

One relatively simple way would be to create all the scenarios on 1 sheet.

Put the input values in some table and have the cells which you want to change in your spreadsheet reference these cells.

You can also then create a results range which just link the results to the other sheets.

Thus the input is in the scenario sheet, the other sheets read the input values in the appropriate spots and the results are calculated. The scenario sheets reads the results. Thus the input and results are on the active sheet

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scenarios (Excel 2000)

Steve,

Thanks this does help me to resolve the issue to a large extent.

Noviceexcelite