5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Advice on Registrars

Hello, one of my domains will be up for renewal very soon and I'd like to change registrars while I can. I'd like to be able to renew the domain for more than one year, pay by credit card and communicate by email. I want to avoid any problems that force me to use the phone as I am based in Japan. This is what happened last time, hence my decision that a change is required. Can anyone advice me as to a reliable and non-expensive registrar. I don't require hosting as I already have that.

Thanks,

Chris (Hunt)

PS I'd appreciate speedy replies if possible as I'll soon be in the last 60 days and my chance to change will be gone.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Advice on Registrars

I'll bet you'd get a ton of hits with a Google on this topic. I 'still' use Network Solutions for they were about the only alternative back when I first registered my domain (Web domains from Network Solutions) but these days I see a lot of folks who seem to be using someone called GoDaddy (Domain Name Registration, Domain Transfers.). Many more where those came from...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Have you checked the the company that is hosting your web site now, they may provide this service?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out GoDaddy and Network Solutions. I could use the hosting company but feel it's "eggs in one basket" - I'd prefer to use a different registrar. Any more suggestions, folks?

Chris

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Suggestions... don't use Network Solutions. Their support is abominable and their prices are above average.

Frankly, I think GoDaddy.com is probably your best bet. I use their sister, http://www.maddogdomains.com and have been very pleased with their support and service.
    -Mark

Thanks

I've had great support from http://www.000domains.com for many years now. I have 4 domains with them and never any problems, they've always been quite responsive and though there are cheaper ones, I'll stay rather than risk poor service to save $2 after hearing some of the horror stories other have had when changing.

Deb