Star Lounger
    Thanks

Survey with VBA in PowerPoint (Office 2003)

I am not sure if this question goes in here or in the PowerPoint forum...

I am trying to create a survey using VBA in PowerPoint. I got a simple survey to work on my machine at work, but when I move that file to another machine at work or my machine at home, it does not work.

The survey simply collects response and when the submit button is selected it writes the results to a text file an clears the form components in PowerPoint.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Survey with VBA in PowerPoint (Office 2003)

You haven't told us in what way it doesn't work on another PC. Do you get an error message, or ...?
    Have you checked on the problem PCs whether the references (especially to Microsoft Scripting Runtime) are valid there?

BTW, why do you want to use PowerPoint for this?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

Sorry, brain failed during my post ;-) I was typing the line that said that it writes the text file and clears the form components. My brain failed when I was supposed to add ", and on the other machines it does not do this", to the line that said what it does. So the program does not clear the form component values, nor does it write/creat (the first time) the text file.

On the MS Scripting runtime, all I did was make sure that the reference was set. What else do I need to do to make sure they are valid?

As far as using PowerPoint, it does not matter where I get this done. PowerPoint was just an available route that I took.

Thanks,

Andy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sometimes a reference set on one PC fails on another because the referenced file is installed in a different location. Try selecting Tools | References... in the Visual Basic Editor on one of the PCs where the code doesn't work correctly. Do you see references starting with MISSING?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I will check on my home machine tonight and will get on the other machine as soon as that guy gets in (a few hours from now).

So how do I resolve the issue if say the MS Scripting Runtime is not located at c:WINDOWSSystem32scrrun.dll?

Thanks,

Andy

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Finally got to check this on one of the machines, and no I do not see any missing lines under Tools | References...

I will try and get on some other machines to see if there are any others where my routine works ;-)

Thanks,

Andy

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Did some further research and found the following that the thing that was preventing the VBA app from running on other machines was security settings. All I had to do was to go to Tools, Macro, Security and set it to Medium. Then I had to check, Trusted Publishers, "Trust access to visual basic projects".

Thanks for the help