2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

List box font Size (Excel 03)

Any one know a way to make the font size in a list box larger?

Thanks

Re: List box font Size (Excel 03)

If it is from the FORMS toolbar, it is based on the zoom (you can increase the zoom and shrink the other fonts as a workaround.)

If you use the listbox from the controls toolbox, select properties and you can change the font type and size

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

i am using the forms one right now, so i think i will need to some how convert the list box in the control tool box to do the same thing as the forms one.

Do you know a way to to do this. Currently in the forms list box under Format control on the Control Tab I have input range of cells Sheet5!$B$17:$B$33
    and a cell link.

when the user clicks on a name in the list it loads cells with the contact information. Does the control tool box list box version have the ability to do this easily?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

When you put a control from the Control Toolbox on a worksheet, Excel automatically switches to design mode. Click the Properties button (the second button) on the Control Toolbox to view and set properties. The property equivalent to Input Range is ListFillRange (and the property that specifies which cell contains the result is LinkedCell)
    When you're done, click the Design Mode button on the Control toolbox (the first button) to turn off design mode. You can now test the list box.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I have code behide the list box which does not work in the control tool box i was wondering which modifications I would need to make to move this code behide the control toolbox list box? I have attached the code. right now in my workbook i right click on the list box and goto view code and paste the current code as is in the attachment. The list picks from the range : DataBase!$B$17:$B$33 and the linked cell is E10. when I run the code instead of putting a number in E10 it puts a value picked from the list. the way i have the worksheet set up is that the link cell is the contacts chosens number. I think the control toolbox listbox handles the linked cell stuff differently.

I can start another post which is probably best?

Thanks

Change the bound column property to 0 and it will give the number.

BEWARE: this list is 0-based not 1-based as the forms item is. The first item is 0, not 1. You can either change all the formulas based on the linked cell or link to a different cell and in the referenced cell have a formula which uses the linked cell and adds 1. (eg have then linked cell E11 and have E10 be: =E11+1) so you will get the same results in E10 that you would have gotten with the FORMS item

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

hi Steve I have finally decide that I cant figure this list box thing out. Attached is my working list box using the user form version. It seem when i add the code and make the columns unbound = 0 in the properties of the control tool box list box version it creates some sort of havek and doesnt work maybe you have some suggestions that will help me make this change work.

(I removed the code that is behide the listbox (userform) because it messes this up)

Thanks for looking

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

BTW
    what the list box does is takes a list and looks up the customer name by match what ever is typed in the customer Name field. The list box this focuses on the names in the range and the user selects a name which fills in the contact details

Thanks

If you change E9 to:
    =ContactChosenAdj+E11+ROW(ContactsFullNameHdr)-1

Then add the code to the listbox change

You must change the first line to
    If Range("E11") <> 1 Then

[Note: I am not sure of what you are trying to do exactly, but you can do this without a macro using the formulas you already have and placing them in the appropriate cells]

Steve

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you

[Note: I am not sure of what you are trying to do exactly, but you can do this without a macro using the formulas you already have and placing them in the appropriate cells]

What i am trying to do with a macro is give the ability to add poeples contact info faster in to the spread sheet. The list box is a way I though that could search for the name typed in Input!C9 (finding a close match ) and put that close match in the middle so the user could find the correct person click on the and all there mailing and usful contact information would fill out the nessary fields.

I have add the improvement you suggested. I notice though the following problems that maybe you or someone could help me with.
    1. the list box doesn't always give me the exact person I click on it seems to move around if I click a person to the wrong name if Ic lick on the one i want?

2. If I type a name in the C( filed it changes the size of the list box?

Thank you

Thanks

Part of the problem seems to be the interative nature of your task.

You select an item in the listbox, which changes the linked cell and calls the macro
    The macro changes the contact name whcih changes the items in the listbox
    which calls the macro and changes the contact name, etc, etc

You need to work this out with so much interation. Why are all the objects circular? Why do you want the listbox items to change when you select something from it? It may be better to have multiple selections to narrow the search down.

If you want to enter names in addition to selecting, why not use a combo box?

Steve

Thanks

The list box size seems to be related your file, I can not replicate in a new sheet. I think your sheet/book has become corrupted. I think the corruption may be due to all the iterations that has been doing.

The list box changes size whenever any of the entries are updated which is continually in your scheme...

Steve