5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Scheduling a task & SID (WinXP SP2)

(I had posted this on another forum while Woody's was down but this hasn't been resolved yet)

I'm trying to make a small VB6-program to schedule a simple task (note that I'm using the "Edanmo's Task Scheduler" dll here but this question seems unrelated to the DLL).
    All works fine, I use this piece in the code to set the account:

<font color=blue>.SetAccountInfo Environ$("USERNAME"), vbNullString ' Set the account in which the application will run</font color=blue>

Strangely enough, this adds more than just the name into the specific box ("Run as") in the task-property. If the user is e.g. "Admin ", and the computer is "CCOMP", the string actually appearing is "CCOMPAdmin".

Obviously, this is not a major problem (and might actually be logical), however I recently cloned a system ("SYST1") and after successful application of the disk-image, renamed this computer to SYST2

Every time I now try to run my code, the account string displayed in Scheduler is SYST1Admin in stead of the expected SYST2Admin!!! {and -obviously- therefore my program doesn't run}

I searched the registry and the harddisk for occurrences of the string SYST1 and could NOT find any. Also, if I manually create a task, the right account string (using SYST2) is added automatically in the "Run as:" field (as expected). Finally, I do not seem able to change the wrong account string created by the program manually

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: Scheduling a task & SID (WinXP SP2)

Having a duplicate SID is not good. Check out Sysinternals Freeware - NewSID.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Scheduling a task & SID (WinXP SP2)

That didn't help (so I guess SID's are not the problem). I tried all again today and it's a mystery to me where this comes from (and more important: how I can get rid of this as my tasks won't run!)