2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Create Email Letterhead (MS Outlook 2003)

Hi all,

Is there a fairly simple way to create email letterhead as opposed to stationary? I have business information I'd like to have at the top of all my emails. Is there a way I can do it or can someone recommend freeware or other software for it? My preference is to make it with software I currently have.

Thanks,

--Jim

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Create Email Letterhead (MS Outlook 2003)

Sorry, I'm confused - what do you mean by letterhead as opposed to stationery? You can use any HTML editor, or even Notepad, to create a HTML page with the desired info at the top, and then set it as default stationery in Outlook.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

I guess I've seen it called email letterhead. The intent is for the signature to stay at the top rather than the bottom in a typical signature. I'll try that. In the stationary though, won't it 'tile' or something so that it covers the entire background rather then just at the top?

Thanks for you help,

--JIm

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The stationery "editor" built into Outlook will always use a graphic as (tiled) background, but as I mentioned, you can use any HTML or text editor to create / edit the stationery. Look at the samples in C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedStationery, e.g. Leaves.htm; if you view it in Notepad you'll see that it uses a .jpg as background, but has a .gif image at the top.