5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MailMerge (2003)

A collegue who works for a charity is producing Word MailMerge form letters. These are very short - of the order
    "Address
    Dear Mrs Thing.
    We acknowledge receipt of
    Silverback

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MailMerge (2003)

Hi,

I had to do this for a small real estate company I worked for and I don't know if this is the correct way, but it worked. I used a label template and just reduced it to three label boxes by deleting rows and columns until I had three boxes or labels. Using the tables and borders toolbar I used the alignment top left. Made my first letter(label) just like the letter I wanted then when I was using the Mail Merge Wizard I just selected replicate labels. There is probably a more correct method, I was able to get this to work.

Carla

Thanks

There is a "go to next record" merge field. I don't do merges very often, so I don't know whether it still is available from a toolbar that has a merge fields drop-down. Test carefully because sometimes you can accidentally skip a record by putting the field where Word was going to move to the next record anyway.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Carla/Jefferson
    Gee, you guys are good!
    Thanks for the tips. I have managed to solve the problem using both your methods. Now it's up to the charity colleague.
    Thanks again
    Silverback
    Silverback

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

See my <post#=568,980>post 568,980</post#> for an answer - look at the rest of the thread too (it's only about 5-6 posts). It involves using a kind of merge called a directory. I do the same kind of thing as explained there - I create a status report for my students so they know how they're doing. The report is about 1/3 of a page and I fit 3 onto 1 sheet, each one for a different student.

Fred