New Lounger
    Thanks

Backup Calendar (2002 SP#)

Is there a way to back up Outlook 2002 calendar entries, separate from the "personal folders.pst" backup? Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Re: Backup Calendar (2002 SP#)

Here are two thoughts:

(1) File > Import and Export, using Excel as your destination file format*

(2) Using the Events view, select some events and use Actions > Forward as iCalendar; then use the message's File > Save Attachments option

Both of these formats have their advantages, with Excel perhaps preserving more proprietary Outlook data but iCal perhaps being more easily imported into other software.

* You also could export just Calendar to another PST using the Import/Export feature. This probably involves the least headaches in terms of recovery of data, should your main PST file suffer a cataclysmic event.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Backup Calendar (2002 SP#)

Thanks for your insights. What I want to do is simply backup the calendar entries. I wouldn't know what to do with an Excel file! Using Actions > Forward as iCalendar I don't see a "save attachments" option on the "untitled message" file menu that was created. But playing around with the import/export, as you suggested, I finally "saw the light" - I just exported the calendar as a calbak.pst file. To test it, I created a "Backup" subfolder under Calendar and imported calbak.pst, creating an exact duplicate of the Calendar. It appears that I can simply periodically export the Calendar sans duplicates and bring the backup pst file up to date. If I ever have to restore it, I can just import calbak.pst.

I had been under the impression that a backup of Outlook had to be the entire thing, all personal folders. Now I see how easy it is to export any given folder content. I appreciate your assistance.