3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

SendObject fails silently (2003 SP 2)

I have an application that is supposed to send a lot of reports using SendObject. Unfortunately when the code gets to the first SendObject line it just stops running - as if it had reached an End Function statement. There are no error messages and the application can be then used normally without restarting. It

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendObject fails silently (2003 SP 2)

What happens if you change the last argument (EditMessage) from False to True?

BTW1: You are trying to send in RTF format, not in snapshot format.
    BTW2: You don't happen to have a line On Error Resume Next somewhere before the SendObject line, do you?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I noticed the RTF thing after I created the post.
    Problem now solved - it was nothing to do with SendObject, the report was making reference to a form control and the form control was empty. When I ran the report on its own I got a useful error message. Sorry to waste your time, but I wonder why there was no error message when SendObject tried to open the report?

Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Yes, I would expect an error message. That's why I asked whether you had an On Error Resume Next line - it suppresses all error messages.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

There is no error trapping used. I prefer this with work in progress as I can get straight to the problem , when it happens, by clicking the debug button. I think that was possibly the philosophy used by the writers of SendObject, except that they forgot to turn the error reporting functionality on after they had got it working.