2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Strange error messages (2000-SR1)

I have suddenly started getting error messages, like: "You do not have exclusive access to this database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later." This occurred when I tried to go to design view of a form.
    I tried to delete a couple of unused reports just prior to this and kept getting an error that said I couldn't delete an open report, but the report had been closed. I tried restarting Access and it was the same. Tried to compact and repair and got a message that it couldn't delete the old one and would save the compacted version as mdb1.mdb (or something like that. Any clues what to do?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Strange error messages (2000-SR1)

Apparently, your database has become corrupt. Since Compact and Repair doesn't help, try the following:
    - Create a blank new database.
    - Use File | Get External Data | Import... to import as many database objects from the problem database as possible.
    - If you had set startup options in the old database, set them in the new database too (Tools | Startup...)
    - If you had set non-standard references in the Visual Basic Editor, set them in the new database too (Tools | References...)
    If that doesn't work either, you'll have to go back to a recent non-corrupt backup.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access did create the compacted copy "mdb1.mdb" and that seems to contain all of my most recent changes and seems to be behaving properly. I guess I will go ahead and use that and rename it...unless you know of some reason not to try that?

Thanks for your time and expertise!

Warren

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If that database appears OK, I would use that.