New Lounger
    West Chester, Pennsylvania, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Move contacts to another computer problem (11.6568.6568/SP2)

Hi. I am trying to copy/move contacts from one computer to another and searched Outlook Help and found the topic covered under Move Contacts to Another Computer. I have followed all the steps, namely, file|import and export|Export to a file|click Personal Folder File (.pst)|Next|Click the Contacts folder|Save exported file as. I have saved it in both My Documents and on my Desktop. The file is there all right, and is 4.13 MB - I have a lot of contacts; that's why I want to copy the blasted things! Anyway, when I go to move or copy that backup file from either My Documents or my Desktop to my CD burner, I get an error message "Problem copying; Windows encountered a problem when trying to copy this file. What do you want Windows to do? Retry or Cancel" are my options. I have tried this a number of times and always get the same error. I have searched these boards, Googled the error message and have not come across anything to explain this behavior, so now I am addressing the experts for help. Thanks for whatever light you can shed on this!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Move contacts to another computer problem (11.6568.6568/SP2)

Perhaps Outlook still has the exported file open. Try quitting all instances of Outlook before copying the .pst file to CD.

New Lounger
    West Chester, Pennsylvania, United Kingdom
    Thanks

Re: Move contacts to another computer problem (11.6568.6568/SP2)

Thanks, Hans! You rock! I closed Outlook and was then able to copy the file to my CD! I am all smiles! Thanks!