Star Lounger
    Thanks

Son can't print or see files

I looked through the forum and saw a lot of messages, but I'm not sure the situations are the same as mine. A week ago, my son lost the ability to print on the Lexmark 5150 attached to my computer. It worked fine up 'til then. He and I are hardwired to two ports on a WRT54GS wireless server which also serves a couple of laptops and a desktop in the garage via the wireless. Also, when son tries to access files on my computer, he's invited to log in as guest, which seems strange. He used to be able to get into my shared directory with no problems. Does he have to share a folder on his computer to access my stuff?
    Acting on a troubleshooting tip, I recently renamed my computer, his computer, and the workgroup. In a day or two I can bring one of the laptops home from work and see if it is having the same problem.
    I know very little about networks, and am not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Son can't print or see files

I occasionally get unexplained connectivity problems, and found empirically that if you power the router on and off the problem goes away. YMMV.

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...