4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Restoring Default Domain Policies

Has anyone ever had to restore their Windows 2000 server's default domain policies? I have instructions off the MS KB for using recreatedefpol.exe to do this. But what I'd like to find out is what to expect. What could go wrong? Is this a risk thing to do? My server is working fine, right now, though the app event log is being flooded with GPO errs because the default domain policies and default domain controller policies are missing. Like in no directory anymore under sysvol. This is my only domain controller. I guess what I need is some reassurance that this is the right thing to do. That it's going to be okay. It's not going to blow up my primary server.
    Daisy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Restoring Default Domain Policies

Most everything you do on servers is risky in some way, so undoubtedly you back everything up obsessively? And could restore back from bare metal if you needed to?

That said, recreating default domain policies shouldn't be desperately problematic, but since I've never done it/had to do it, this is wild speculation!

Good luck!

John
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...