4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

attachments (2003)

I moved from Outlook 2002 to 2003. In the new version, when I insert a file, a thumbnail is inserted where ever the cursor happens to be.rather than adding an attachment text box beneath BCC. Is there a way to force it to always add the text box?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: attachments (2003)

This is connected to the mail format you use. In plain text and HTML format, attachments are displayed in a box below the To / Cc / Bcc boxes. In Rich Text format, attachments are displayed as icons in the body of the e-mail.
    Apparently, you're now using Rich Text format as default. You can switch to plain text or HTML if you like in the Mail Format tab of Tools | Options...

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

yes, but I'm in html now.
    Thanks for the help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you absolutely sure? If so, I don't have the slightest idea what's happening.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

As Hans stated, this is not normal behavior in HTML formatted messages, -if- you are using the Insert File dialog or the File Attachment icon (paperclip). And, though HTML may be your default format, messages you receive maintain their original format unless you purposefully change them, so you may be working with an RTF formatted message. To add to the confusion, messages generated from Replying to Calendar Items are created in RTF format.

How are you attaching the files? Could you be attaching this file by pasting them as embedded objects into the HTML text?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

keystrokes. ALT-I,F

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Very strange. Could you attach a screenshot of a HTML e-mail with attachments as icons? (Max 640x480 pixels, max file size 100 KB. The .png file format works well for screenshots)