New Lounger
    Thanks

I need help please...i think bios issue (xp/sp2)

Brand new intel p4 has issues. Please help. it shows the intel p4 screen, start bios then gets a few 95,BA, 94, E9. Then gets a long consistent beeping noise. It sounds like the bios is messed up.

Under system summary, it says sys manufacturer intel

system model D945gtp
    system type x86-based pc

What can I do to fix this issue. I appreciate any and all help.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need help please...i think bios issue (xp/sp2)

Your post is not clear. Try to explain what's happening, please.

Is it a new machine? Did you change hardware configuration? Does your previously working machine failed?

Start from visiting your motherboard support webpage (http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gtp/) and check does your system configuration fulfill motherboard requirements, then try to use troubleshooting guides, download and apply the latest firmware and software updates etc.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need help please...i think bios issue (xp/sp

Kaplinb is right - you need to tell us MORE, please. You did say it's a new machine, but by whom was it manufactured - OEM or homemade? If it's a commercial product, you should be contacting them for support of a brand new machine. Otherwise, you need to know what that beep at boot really means and there are a number of places you can look to get started. Here's one: PCGuide - TSX - BIOS Beep Codes.

When you turn on the machine, you should press whatever key will get you into the BIOS to see who its manufacturer is and what level the BIOS code is.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I need help please...i think bios issue (xp/sp2)

Your post is not entirely clear, but I would guess that those are error codes from the Power On Self Test routine that the BIOS runs when a system is powered on. You would have to look up those codes in the error code list for the particular BIOS that is in the system. If you look up the error code, it will tell you what component is failing. On my Thinkpad, a continuous beep indicates a system board failure, but I don'k know what it means on your system.
    Legare Coleman