2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Work Menu (Word 2000)

I have created the work menu icon on the tool bar and I am able to add files to this Work menu. I would like to know how many documents can be added to the work menu. Also how can I remove a document from the Work menu.

Thanks in advance.
    Novice

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Work Menu (Word 2000)

Just like the recently opened documents list in the File menu, the Work menu can contain a maximum of 9 entries. When you have added 9 documents and add another one, the existing entries will be moved down one position, causing the "oldest" document to fall off the menu.

To remove an item from the Work menu (or from any other menu!), press Ctrl+Alt+- (minus). This will turn your mouse pointer into a fat minus sign. The next menu item you click on will be removed. There is no prompt to confirm the deletion, so be careful! If you have pressed Ctrl+Alt+- by accident, press Esc to restore the mouse pointer to normal.

If you wish, you can add the Ctrl+Alt+- command to the Work menu:
    - Select Tools | Customize...
    - Activate the Commands tab.
    - Select "All Commands" in the list of Categories on the left.
    - Select ToolsCustomizeRemoveMenuShortCut in the list of Commands on the right.
    - Drag this item to your Work menu, e.g. directly below the "Add to Work Menu" item.
    - Right-click the new menu item to edit its name (caption) to "&Remove from Work Menu" or something similar.
    - Close the Customize dialog.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Work Menu (Word 2000)

Hans,

Thanks for the swift response.

rgds/novice