xlquery.xla and Excel97 (Excel 97 SR-2)

When I load a complex Excel workbook that we've been working on for some months by clicking on the workbook, I'm asked twice by Excel whether I want to enable macros. Before distributing this workbook to the company we want to eliminate the 2nd request to enable macros.

After loading the workbook that way I find a reference to XLQUERY.XLA in Project Explorer. However no add-ins are checked in the add-ins window. If I rename the file XLQUERY.XLA and then starting Excel by doubleclicking on the workbook, I get a message about not being able to find XLQUERY.XLA .

If I first start Excel and then load my workbook from the Open dialog box, Excel asks just once whether I want to enable macros.

Any idea on how to eliminate the two requests to enable macros?

Harvey P. Morgan

Star Lounger
    Adelaide, South Australia

Re: xlquery.xla and Excel97 (Excel 97 SR-2)

Is it just you who has this problem, or does it occur on other machines? If it's just you, it may be a setup problem on your machine.

If it's everybody, then have you looked under Tools>References in the Visual Basic Editor. Is xlquery.xla listed under there? If so, why and do you need it?

Questions, questions, questions.