Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Analysis Tookpak (2003)

User is running MSO2003 and needs the analysis toolpak, but when I try to install it , the system asks for the CD...when the CD is inserted, it still doesn't install.
    I found the "xll" file on the CD and copied it to the library folder as well as the add-ins folder, but it still doesn't work. Any clues?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Analysis Tookpak (2003)

Do you mean that Analysis Toolpak is not listed at all in Tools | Add-Ins...? If so, and if you cannot install it using Office setup, I would completely uninstall Office 2003, then reinstall it.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Greetings, Hans.
    Yes, the ATP is listed as a possible add-in. When I check it, the system says I need the CD. When I insert the CD, it's looking for the PRO11.MSI file, which I click on. Then, I get an error message saying that set-up cannot find the required files.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Try installing Analysis Toolpak from the Add/Remove Programs control panel: select Microsoft Office 2003, click Change, then choose the option to add/remove components. Expand Excel > Add-Ins > Analysis Toolpak, and select the option Run from this computer.
    If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the CD.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

It's gotten worse. I uninstalled Excel and now I keep getting an error when I try to reinstall...either from the CD or from add/remove. SIGH. Still hoping for a great idea.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do you happen to have another Office 2003 CD at hand? That would allow you to test whether there is a problem with the CD you're now using. It could also be a hardware problem with the CD-ROM drive.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

This is the professional edition. I have a SBE, which I tried using, but it installed Excel and requires it to be registered, which it won't allow because it's already installed on another PC for which it was purchased. It seems we buy these like they're candy (for hundreds of dollars each) and continue to experience problems.
    So, maybe there's a problem w/the Professional Edition CD I have...Guess I deal with the multi-menu calling to Microsoft now.