Thread: Notes Master

New Lounger
    Thanks

Notes Master

Does the Notes Master really work in PowerPoint 2000 (SR-1)? Or is it impossible to set different formatting for different levels of text?

I can get it to set the font and size of notes text overall, but when I set a different font or size for level 2, 3, etc. in the Master, nothing happens in the notes pages.

Any light that can be shed on this would be helpful. Cheers, Nigel

I'm assuming that level 2 items are entered by hitting tab at the beginning of the line.

Jennifer

Re: Notes Master

Try adding a bullet to all levels of text on the master page. I tried this and it worked!

New Lounger
    Thanks

Jennifer:
    Thanks very much for the suggestion. I've tried it and it works, but not quite as one would expect. When I set different bullets and fonts for each level, they don't show up on-screen in the Notes pane. But they do show when printed.

This is a bit like a throw back to DOS programs before WYSIWYG was the expectation.

Is your experience the same as mine?

Clyde Wisham

Text formatting of the notes page doesn't show up in the notes pane of normal view. However it does show if you change the view to Notes Page or print the notes pages. Weird, no? (PowerPoint always gives me the feeling of a half-finished product.)
    Clyde Wisham

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. I had (naively) assumed that what you saw in Normal view and Notes Page view were the same. I now also realize that there is some control over indentation of notes through the ruler. But it still seems very strange that the Notes Master control of text forrmatting only works if there is a bullet on the level.

This feature at least is indeed half-finished.

Nigel