Lounger
    Thanks

Watermark on one section only (2002, SP3)

My coworker and I are having problems with a document. We are putting together a contract with multiple sections. Our boss wants one section only to have the word "sample" watermarked in the background. It is a two-page section in the middle of the document. We cannot figure out how to have a text watermark applied to just one section. The best we've done is to have it start on the first page of this section, but it continues through the remaining document.

Is there any way to do this?

Thank you,

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Watermark on one section only (2002, SP3)

When you create a watermark using Format | Background | Printed Watermark..., it is a WordArt shape anchored to the page header. Activate the page header. For each section, you can specify whether the header is the same as that of the previous section using the "Same as Previous" button on the Header and Footer toolbar. You can set all headers NOT to be the same, then delete the watermark in all sections except the one where you want it.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Watermark on one section only (2002, SP3)

You need to insert a Next Page Section break before the page where you want your watermark. Once you've done that, click on View Header and Footer and navigate to the header or footer where you want your watermark and on the Header and Footer toolbar, click Same as previous to unlink it from the other headers or footers and then insert your watermark. You should be fine then. I hope this is helpful to you.