2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Multiple Page Reports (Office 2003)

I have several reports that are actually separate pages of the same report. For example, one report has four pages of information on each of our 17 main affiliates. Currently, each page of the report is set up as a separate Access report. When the report is done generating, I have to print each page separately, then collate them.

Is it possible to create one huge Access report that has the four sections of information? The page headers are the same; the page footers are different.

My end purpose is to be able to conveniently distribute multiple page reports in one Microsoft Document Imaging (mdi) or Word file.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your ideas.

Nancy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Multiple Page Reports (Office 2003)

Without knowing the design of the reports, it's hard to say. You might be able to place the four reports as subreports in a main report. You'd have to find a way to use the report headers and footers of the subreports, for the page headers and footers of subreports aren't displayed or printed. Or use the page headers and footers of the main report.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Would it be possible to using the Grouping feature of Access to print the reports by Affiliate, and then use subreports to get the various pieces of info for each affiliate as Hans suggests? Grouping in reports lets you have unique information for each affiliate in the header and/or footer. The one annoying thing about them is that the page header and footer if you use them, will print at the top and bottom of each page and the grouping header and footer print inside those.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans and Wendell, I tried both of your suggestions. As one of my coworkers is fond of saying - the juice isn't worth the squeeze. The formats of each page of this report are so different, and I already have a subreport on one of the pages, that I'm going to tell my boss I'm going to leave it the way it is.

We thought that would probably be most efficient, though thought I'd ask just in case there was an easy way to combine them into one report.

Thanks for your ideas.

Nancy