2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Tasks don't appear at top (2003 SP2)

I have several tasks in my task manager and would like the newest task showing when opening Tasks.
    If I have the selection set to Newest on top, the newest appear at the bottom of the list and the slide bar is at the top. To view the newest, I then have to move the slide bar down. If I set the selection to Oldest at top, the newest tasks show at the top of the list and the slide bar is at the bottom. I then have to move the slide bar up to expose the newest tasks for viewing. I haven't found a way to get the newest visible without first having to slide the bar. I wouldn't care if the new was top or bottom, i'd just like them to be immediately visible. Is what I want possible? Their definiton of newest differs from mine in that I would think the newest is today. Maybe they mean new is farther out, like 2007 & beyond.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tasks don't appear at top (2003 SP2)

Can you define what you mean by "newest" - you probably mean Due date, but you could mean Start date, or even Creation date.

If you have a large number of Tasks you need to view there may not be a perfect solution, but in Task View select View | Arrange By | Current View and see if one of those options is useful (for example, 'Next Seven Days'). If you want to create a more specialized View, through the same initial dialog, go into Customize Current View, and set a Filter. The Filters can be quite comprehensive if you get into the Advanced and SQL tabs in that dialog. Remember to Apply the View you create, and it may be useful to create and save it as a Named View using the Define Views dialog within the same menu hierarchy.

Hope this helps.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tasks don't appear at top (2003 SP2)

Thanks, John. You're right. i meant newest by due date. I'll play around more with your suggestions, but I'll probably stick with what I was doing. That way shows past due plus all future tasks by due date, However, I now understand what my options are.
    If I want only past due, next seven days etc., I can do that when I want.