2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Referencing a photo (2003 sp2)

I have a form which displays a photo. As was suggested on this forum, the location of the image is referenced in a table. Both the backend and the actual image are located on the server. I am unable to properly reference the file from the table. I have used this format servercmy documentsxxx.jpg to identify the photo on the my documents folder of the server. Unfortunately, the file can not be found. (If I place the photo and reference to the local computer it works fine). Any suggestions would be helpful

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Referencing a photo (2003 sp2)

cmy documents looks somewhat unlikely as a path on a server. If you open the folder containing the .jpg in Windows Explorer, what path is displayed in the address bar? (Make sure that the Addres Bar toolbar is visible)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

From the server perspective the file location is c:my documentsaccessphotoxxxx.jpg (note colon here and not in my reference). The linked table manager references my backend as servercmy documentsaccessBE.mdb.(? UNC naming ) The image file is in the subdirectory of the access folder.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See if you can use the code provided in the Northwind sample database.
    Select Help | Sample Databases | Northwind Sample Database to open it.
    Activate the Database window.
    Look at the Employees form, in particular the code behind the New Picture button.