Star Lounger
    Thanks

Background Colors (Access 2002)

I have a form which has a tab control in the detail section with sub-forms in it. All of a sudden the background color has changed to all white while the rest of the form has retained the default beige color. I checked the background color in the properties section and it is still the same as the others (-2147483633). I have deleted the form and imported one from a prior database (2 versions ago) (where it displays correctly) and it still shows the white background. As a sidenote, the prior version got corrupted somehow. To fix it, I created a blank database and imported each section (tables, queries, forms etc). After each section, I did a Database Compact and Repair. This new version seemed to be working okay until this background color thing.

As a question of interest, what really determines the color of the application? This application does appear differently on my home computer (both running XP Pro).

Thanks in advance,

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Background Colors (Access 2002)

-2147483633 or vbButtonFace is the color for 3D objects such as command buttons in the Appearance tab of the Display Properties control panel, so the way this color actually looks depends on the user's control panel settings. Have they somehow changed on the PC where you have the problem?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't think so and if they have, they only changed for this one form when it is in this one database. The form is okay when in other databases.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I guess it's some kind of corruption then. Without seeing the database, it is impossible to be certain.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

I think I found it. Under Tools / Options / Forms-Reports, there is a check box for using Window Based Themes. In the new database, it was checked. In the prior database it wasn't. When I uncheck it, my form has the old (correct) background.

Thanks for your help. One of the great benefits of this board to me is now that I am a one man show , I have a place to go to get quick answers to my questions. In the corporate world, one has co-workers to run questions / comments by. I really appreciate the moderators and users of this board.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Windows based themes were introduced in Access 2003. There was no way for us to guess that it was the cause of your problem since the subject of your post says Access 2002.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

My bad. In the past, I have specified that I was using 2003 in the 2002 mode. I got lazy today! Sorry.

Alan